Nestled in the idyllic Champagne region, near Vitry-le-François and just over 3 hours from Calais, Etang la Saussaie is a truly impressive 8 acre (3,5 hectares) lake set on 15 acres of land. The venue offers the perfect backdrop for photographs with its manicured lawns and spectacular sunsets, this a special lake indeed!
Excavated over 30 years ago, Etang la Saussaie is a mature tree-lined lake with a gravel and clay bottom. The lake offers a multitude of interesting features: from an island with overhanging trees and deep margins to depths ranging between 8 to 12 feet (2,5 - 3,5 meter) depending on the time of year.
The Lake & The Swims
Spacious, well-maintained and perfectly positioned, Etang la Saussaie is a 8 acre (3,5 hectares) lake with 14 single swims, with a maximum of 6 anglers. This ensures anglers have the freedom to move around while maintaining the relaxing and comfortable atmosphere that makes this such an impressive lake.
All swims are accessible by vehicle (All vehicles must be parked in the car park. Vehicles will be allowed around the lake briefly on Saturdays to load and unload tackle at the swims.)
The bottom of the lake consists of gravel and clay. Etang la Saussaie can be weedy from time to time.
Fish Stock at Etang La Saussaie
The lake stock is estimated at 140+ carp, with the average weight ranging between 18 and 34+kgs. The current lake record is well over 34kgs. Mixture of mirror and common carp, with many named scaly mirrors and some stunning large common carp.
No poison chat, crayfish or bream.
On the complex carp anglers will find a range of facilities:
- Showers and toilets
- Fridges and freezers
- Social area comprising of BBQ and picnic benches with spectacular views of the lake
- Electricity is present on site for charging batteries and phones
- Weigh station on each swim
- Food packages
- 10 minutes from a range of supermarkets, restaurants and shops
- Fenced with a gated entrance
- Bait boats to hire
- The Lake: Etang la Saussaie
- Region: Champagne
- Distance to lake: Calais is just over 3 hours
- Surface: 8 acres (3,5 hectares)
- Bottom: gravel & clay
- Depth: between 8 to 12 feet (2,5 - 3,5 meter)
- Open: March - November
- Max. Anglers: 6
- Fish Stock: 150 carp up to 34kgs+
- Weed formation: yes, during warmer months
- Access: All swims have car access
- Price Lake Exclusive: 2750€ (Sat - Sat)
- Wifi: No
- Boats: allowed