Entre Poitiers y Limoges se situa el lago Lac de Villedon, un fantástico lago de 40 hectáreas que mide 2km de largo y 200 m de ancho. Esta antigua piscifactoría ahora lo lleva el Holandés Paul de Flines (desde 2002) y lo ha transformado en una propiedad única para el carpfishing en Francia. Dispone de una población enorme de carpas sanas y fuertes - de los cuales los más grandes sobrepasan la barrera mágica de los 30kg.
Con su superficie de 40.4 hectáreas, el lago Villedon tiene muchas bahías y penínsulas. Al final del lago tiene la llegada de un pequeño río que lo abastece de agua fresca, oxígeno y los nutrientes necesarios para sus enormes carpas. El fondo es relativamente plano con muy pocos obstáculos. Mayoritariamente consite de arena con algo de gravilla, todo cubierto con una capa de arcilla. La profundidad varía entre los 2 y 3 metros en el centro y 3-4 metros en el area del dique. Las bahías y el final del lago tienen poca profundidad (80cm), ideal para principios de primavera cuando empieza a calentarse el agua.
Villedon tiene una capacidad máxima de 30 pescadores que pueden pescar desde los 18 puestos. La mayoría de los puestos son dobles; los puestos 15 y 19 son triples. El puesto 2 y el 8 son puestos para un sólo pescador.
El puesto 1 tiene una casa vacacional ideal para aquellos pescadores que quieren viajar en familia. El puesto 21 dispone de una pequeña cabaña para 2 pescadores. En lo que sigue encuentras más detalles sobre estos alojamientos.
El lago Villedon no tiene cangrejos de agua dulce, pero hay algo de siluro enano (poisson chat). Ten esto en cuenta para tu elección de cebo y tu estrategia de cebado. La mayoría de los puestos sólo se pueden acceder en barco.
This is a water that houses some big fish, and they’re growing! The water is drained every two years (it’s called a vidange in France) and this enables the management to check the stock. All the smaller carp are removed and released in the Dutch Mirror Carp Project lakes. During several winters tonnes of pike, silver fish and small carp were removed to allow the main carp stock to grow. It is plain to see that this is a well-managed water where the fish are in prime condition and have been chosen for their looks and growth potential.
The lake record stands at 72 pounds although this is expected to be broken soon. This fish is an amazing mirror carp that is putting on the pounds month by month. Keep in mind there is poisson chat.
There are 15 swims dotted around the lake, most of which are accessed by boat (1 and 21 are accessible by car, swim 20 on foot). With a maximum of 26 anglers fishing this gives each angler approximately 3 acres of water to fish. Most of the swims are doubles but can be booked by a single angler too. There are also some treble swims and some can be booked together for larger groups. Swims 1 to 11 are on the northern bank and swims 12 to 21 on the southern bank.
1 = double (in front of the 4-person holiday gite)
2 = single swim.
3 - 7 = double swims.
8 = single swim (7 and 8 can be booked for 3 anglers).
12 = single swim.
15 = double-triple swim.
17 & 18 = double swim.
19 = double-triple swim.
20 = double swim (accessible by foot). Can be booked in conjunction with 21+ cabin for 4 anglers.
21 = cabin and double swim.
Dogs are allowed at Villedon and you can use bait boats as well as the rowing/motor boats to bait up. Up to 4 rods are allowed. Unhooking mats are supplied.
There are always at least 2 people available on site to help you out, both with fishing and other issues and the nearest supermarket is around 25 minutes away. A fresh bread delivery service is available and Villedon itself has some excellent facilities including:
Villedon now has a newly-opened restaurant where anglers can while away the hours chatting, having a beer or enjoying a meal. There is a full-time chef and you can even order food from your swim and have it delivered to you for a small fee. There is an extensive menu available (both an anglers menu and a restaurant menu). Reservations can be booked in advance. Both the restaurant and the tackle shop accept credit cards.
At the reception area there is a well-stocked tackle shop selling gear from companies such as Korda and Proline. An extensive range of baits is also available including boilies & pellets. This area also houses showers and toilets. Cold drinks are available for purchase as is fresh bread which can be ordered for collection. A freezer is available for bait storage (max 30kg per angler). You can also hire boats and electric motors from here. There are charging points for electrical equipment available. The shop also sells a range of toiletries, clothing, milk etc.
An extensive array of fishing equipment is available to rent along with boats, electric motors etc. Rental prices: Boat, 50€ pw; electric motor, 50€ pw. Swims are allocated one boat each (no motor) and unhooking mats are provided, one for each angler. Extra boats and/or motors should be booked prior to arrival and payment is in Euros upon arrival. Bait boats are allowed but there are none available to rent.
For those arriving on friday afternoon, you can camp outside the venue if you arrive before 19:00h (please inform us if you're arriving on Friday). You can have dinner or a drink in the restaurant.
from saturday to saturday
anglers: 375 Euros/week (from March - October), 1 boat included on double swims, 2 boats included on triple swims. 270€ per angler from November - February.
non-fishing guests: 50 Euros/week
Cabin + 1 angler + 1 non-angler or cabin + 2 anglers = 1150€ from March - October and 900€ from November - February
4 pers holiday-home + 2 anglers and 2 non-anglers = 1350€ from March - October and 1150€ from November - February
electro motor: 50 Euros/week
1. The angler should bring a valid booking confirmation.
2. It’s allowed to fish 24 hrs per day - catch and release
3. Boats are included in the price (safety jackets are on board). Own boats are not permitted. The use of life vests is compulsory wile using the boat. Don't use waders or chest waders in the boat for your safety! Bait boats are allowed if you respect the other anglers.
4. Swimming is allowed is you respect the other anglers.
5. Allowed rigs: “carp friendly” rigs (safety bolt rigs), micro barbed hooks (max. size 2) and nylon mainline. The hooklink may be stiff or braided, but should allways be less strong than the main line. Rig tube is ok. No lead core.
6. Not Allowed: carp sacs, bent hooks, braided mainline, particles. Only pellets and boilies are allowed.
7. 4 Rods per angler. Bivvies and tents should be brown or green.
Each angler should have a big landingnet with a min. size of 90 cm, a big weigh sling and Klinic to desinfect the hook wounds. No need to bring unhooking mats, a large unhooking mat is supplied by Villedon.
8. Fishing is only allowed on the booked swims.
9. Please return the fish carefully to the water
10. Marking or steeling fish will be reported immediately to the local Police (Gendarmerie).
11. Caravans and Campers are not allowed because the site is not a Camping. Excessive use of alcohol is not tolerated.
12. Please respect the nature and the tranquillity of the site. Keep clean the sanitary building and the swims. Please separate waste in the designated containers.
13. Dogs are allowed. Open fire is not allowed. The use of gas cookers and barbecues is allowed.
14. The owner can keep the refundable payment if you don’t respect the regulations
15. Llegadas entre 13:00 h - 16:00 h. Salidas entre 09:00 h - 11:00 h.
16. The owner and the bailiff can check the hooklinks at any time.
17. The owner is not responsible for theft, fire, injury or what so ever.
18. Each angler should sign the regulations declaring that he/she accepts them.
19. Not all swims have car access.
20. No particles are allowed in the water.
PS. In case you are caught marking fish, you will have to deal with French Justice.