Etang Rys is part of the huge 2500 acre private hunting property Saint-Augustin in Château-sur-Alier in the middle of France. This new lake is rented by Guillaume Rousselet, the owner from two other wellknown lakes like Etang Furet and Etang Neuf. He netted the lake and made 4 comfortable swims. If you pass the entrance of the property you will get a special feeling. The old oak forest, the quietness, the deer everywhere, the wildlife, the nature. If you arrive at the lake this feeling gets even stronger. You realise that you may stay here for a week's fishing, such a wonderful feeling!
Etang Rys will fullfill all the wishes from a carp angler. Nature is abundant, 19 acres of water and only 4 swims for a maximum of 7 anglers. The bottom of the lake is composed of sand and silt and there are no obstacles. Depths are from 60 cm till 3,5 meters in the middle. No weeds, no small catfish, no sturgeon and no big catfish. Only some mussels and crayfish. You are allowed to use a baitboat and boat, but no own boats may be used. You can rent a boat on arrival.
The lake has been netted and the fisherman found a lot of nice and big carp. All the big fishes over 10kg were put back together with some new ones, so that the stock now consists of 300 commons and mirrors between 22 and 66 lbs. The opening of Etang Rys was in March 2018. This lake had never been fished before.
Swim 1 is a double swim with a huge luxury log cabin with two bedrooms, a brand new kitchen with everything you need: dishwasher, watercooker, microwave oven, etc. There is a beautiful bathroom, a livingroom and a big deck, with the best view over the lake. Sheets and towels are NOT provided. The log cabin has been built on poles and the swim lies next to it. You cannot have your rods on the deck, because it is too high. But this swim is a topswim. Swim 2 is a single swim on a good distance from swim 1. Swim 3 and 4 are double swims. Etang Rys is the ideal lake to book exclusively by 4 to 7 anglers.
Sanitary and service
The sanitary on Etang Neuf is perfect. There is a building with a comfortable shower, a washbasin and a toilet. Everything is quite new and made with good quality. There is electricity to charge your batteries and there is a fridge, a freezer and WIFI. The supermarket is within 5 minutes and Guillaume goes to the bakery for you every morning to get your bread and croissants. Guillaume offers also foodservice, he sells boilies and particles, he rents boats for 100€ per week and bicycles for 35€ per week. Just a perfect place to spend a week and catch some nice carp.
Swim 1 is a double swim with a huge log cabin with two bedrooms, a luxurious kitchen with everything you need, like a dishwasher. There is a beautiful bathroom, a livingroom and a big deck, with the best view over the lake. Sheets and towels are provided. The log cabin has been built on poles and the swim lies next to it. you cannot have your rods on the deck, because it is too high. But this swim is a topswim.
1. The angler should bring a valid booking confirmation.
2. It’s allowed to fish 24 hrs per day - catch and release
3. Only rented boats from Guillaume are allowed. You may use your baitboats.
4. Swimming is forbidden.
5. Allowed rigs: “carp friendly” rigs (safety bolt rigs), only micro barbed hooks (size 4, 6 & 8) and nylon mainline. The hooklink may be stiff or braided, but should allways be less strong than the main line.
6. Not Allowed: carp sacs, bent hooks, braided mainline, peanuts, tigernuts. Lead Core is not allowed. Rig tube is allowed.
7. 3 Rods per angler. Bivvies and tents should be brown or green.
Each angler should have a big landingnet with a min. size of 90 cm and a big unhooking mat (min. 4 cm thick, 60 cm large and 90 cm long), a big weigh sling and Klinic to disinfect the hook wounds.
8. Fishing is only allowed on the booked swims.
9. Please return the fish carefully to the water
10. Marking or steeling fish will be reported immediately to the local Police (Gendarmerie).
11. Alcohol abuse and drugs are not tolerated.
12. Please respect the nature and the tranquillity of the site. Keep clean the sanitary building and the swims. Please separate waste in the designated containers.
13. Dogs are allowed. Open fire is not allowed. Gas cookers and barbecues are allowed.
14. The owner can keep the refundable payment if you don’t respect the regulations
15. Arrival after 14:00h. Departure before 10:00h.
16. The owner and the bailiff can check the hooklinks at any time.
17. The owner is not responsible for theft, fire, injury or what so ever.
18. Each angler should sign the regulations declaring that he/she accepts them.
IMPORTANT: IN CASE OF URGENCIES CALL: 112