"Been there in 2017, 2018 & booked on again 2019, just gutted we can’t get on for 2020 or 2021 Lovely Lake, good fishing, good surroundings, etc. we landed 56 fish in 2017, and 70 in 2018! Role on next year. Everything you could want for a week away"
Jonchery is an extremely well-known lake. It is an established venue and has a reputation, built up over many years, as a water that is professionally managed, with excellent facilities and, because of its very healthy stock of big carp, it is a water that many anglers return to time and time again. It’s not just in the UK either that its reputation is know as this is a water that is very highly regarded throughout Europe. The whole complex is based around a fish farm and because of this you can be sure that the quality of fish in the water is exemplary. The water is run by UK fishery owner Mark Slade and his family, who live on site and there are around 450 carp swimming in its depths to over the magic 60lb mark.
Jonchery 7 is the smaller lake at the far end of the property and can be booked by three anglers so you can book this whole area of the lake exclusively if desired. The swim is clean, well prepared and several are built on pontoons so it’s best to bring some cup hooks to secure your bivvy down.
There is a separate building with hot running water, showers, toilets and a small kitchen area containing a fridge and freezer. There are ample power sockets for charging equipment and there is also a small dining area. The village of Brévonnes is only a short drive away where there are a couple of restaurants and shops. The good facilities and ease of access would make Jonchery an excellent venue for those who want to take a non-angling partner on the trip.
1. Unhooking mats and nets, slings must be shown to be dry on arrival (if wet we will dry them)
2. All shelters, bivvies must be Green or camouflage
3. All anglers must pay a 50 euro refundable bond and ask to sign a contract to abide by all fishery rules. This is payed back on your departure.
4. Unhooking mats must be no smaller than 70cm x 90cm.
5. Each angler MUST have a large container filled with lake water ready to pre wet mats and slings to minimise stress. Fish must be kept wet while out of the water.
6. Pvc weigh slings only
7. All anglers MUST have carp care antiseptic for treating hook wounds
8. Main line Mono only. Min mainline 15lbs. Max 20lbs
9. Leads must be able to brake away when needed. Leads must not drop off on every bite
10. Min hook size 6 Max 4. ALL hooks must be Barbless no flattening barbs.
11. Bait boats are permitted but you must be responsible in there use
12. All Pellets Must be purchased on site (This is so we know our fish are getting the right nutrition)
13. All cars once unloaded must be places in the car park there is - No driving around the lake.
14. There is to be no carp sacks on site not even to dry bait. If you are found to have one you will be asked to leave immediately
15. No dogs or Fires
16. Each angler is only aloud to have quarter a kilo of tiger nuts.
17. No lead core. Lead less leaders, safe zone leaders and tubing are all allowed. One of them must be used as we do not allow naked rigs. Band rigs, 360 rigs, Ronnie rigs (spinner rigs).
18. Particles must be cooked until core is soft and must be shown to the bailiff. Pellets must be purchased on-site only, you must not bring any other pellets.
19. No shelf life bait . Freezer bait only. No salt in bait.
20. NO MUTILATION OF FISH THIS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
21. All fish over 50lbs must be reported to the bailiff
22. Please respect your casting area and all other anglers and staff
23. Boats are not allowed. Only baitboats allowed.
24. Drinking is aloud but if you are found to be drunk you will be asked to bring your rods in until we see you fit to fish
25. No dumping Bait before you leave.
26. The facilities are for every one's use so respect them and keep them clean after use .
27. Please keep noise down and respect your surroundings
28. Unhooking Mats mush be ready at all times
29. All anglers MUST enjoy there stay
If you are unsure of any thing please ask bailiff Mark Slade +33668241965