Domaine de Bouxier is located in the Auvergne: one of France's hidden treasures, a region of beautiful valleys, large expanses of coniferous forests, and spectacular views. Set in a stunning, picturesque and tranquil location, this private lake has plenty of interesting features. Domaine de Bouxier is a 52 acres lake (21 hectares) with only 7 swims, dotted on the 3 sides of the lake. Each swim is provided with a wooden chalet which has a table and two chairs. Access is excellent around the lake and vehicle access is allowed. The lake has a sandy bottom with gentle slopes that run down to the middle where it’s about 3 meters deep. There are no snags or weed beds. Domaine de Bouxier is a great venue for those carp anglers that are looking to be closer to nature with some comfort.
Before 2008, Domaine de Bouxier hadn’t been fished for 20 years. During this period the original stock could grow and expand in a natural way. The lake opened doors for carp fishing back in 2008, which immediately gave a few surprises. But, given the fact that the catches were still a bit poor, the owner decided to restock (2013) the lake with 50 carp between 33lb (15kg) and 46lb (21kg). The restocking created competition for the food in the lake, with the result that the original stock started feeding on boilies, particles and other bait. The lake has a nice head of 30’s, 40’s and several 50’s. The lake record is a 56-21lb mirror (26 kg). During this winter, the owner will most probably restock his lake with some more big fish. Apart from carp, there’s a natural stock of pike, silverfish and catfish. There is some crayfish and Poisson chat.
The lake owner agreed with Fisherman Holidays that only 7 swims will be fished by a maximum of 14 anglers. The swims are doubles, but the anglers can also book a swim for their own. Swims 1, 2 and 3 are situated right at the entrance and close to the facilities. Swims 4+5 are on the left side of the venue. There is plenty of room between the swims so the other anglers won’t bother you. All swims have car access and you can leave the car next to your swim. Swim 1 can only be booked with the holiday-home included.
The showers and toilets are at the entrance of the venue. They are quite new and well kept. Here you can charge your batteries and mobile phones. Thefacilities also includes 2 fridges and 2 freezers.
Each swim must have at least one boat. You can bring your own boat or hire one on site. If you wish to rent one at the venue, please indicate this with enough time in advance. Boat Hire: €50 EUR per week; e-Motor: €30 EUR per week
Bike Rental: €15 EUR per week.
5 Kilometers from the lake, there are shops to buy food and drinks.
The bailiff visits the lake every now and then to check if everything is ok.
There's WiFi available at the entrance of the venue.
2 Anglers on 1 swim (3 rods per angler): €325 EUR per angler
1 Angler per swim (4 rods per angler): €375 EUR per angler
non-fishing guests: €60 EUR
For those who would consider leaving the bivvy at home this year: there is a magnificent 4-5 person holiday home (gîte) available on Etang de Bouxier. Up to 5 people can stay here, all modern commodities are present: running water, electricity, kitchen, real beds aso, so it's absolutely perfect for families or to bring non-fishing guests. Check out our pictures for more details.
The gîte is located right next to swims 1 and 2. The price per week is set on 525€, towels and sheets are included. Heating is extra.
If you'd like to book the gîte, please select swim 8 next to the swims you'd like to book for fishing.
1. The angler should bring a valid booking confirmation.
2. It’s allowed to fish 24 hrs per day - catch and release
3. Each swim must have at least one boat. You can bring your own boat or hire one on site. If you wish to rent one at the venue, please indicate this with enough time in advance. Boat Hire: €50 EUR per week; e-Motor: €30 EUR per week. Bait boats are allowed.
4. Swimming is forbidden.
5. Allowed rigs: “carp friendly” rigs (safety bolt rigs), barbless hooks (max. size 2) and nylon mainline. The hooklink may be stiff or braided, but should allways be less strong than the main line.
6. Not Allowed: carp sacs, bent hooks, braided mainline, peanuts. Lead Core is not allowed. Rig tube is allowed.
7. 4 Rods per angler if you fish alone. 3 Rods per angler if you double up. Bivvies and tents should be brown or green.
Each angler should have a big landingnet with a min. size of 90 cm and a big unhooking mat (min. 4 cm thick, 60 cm large and 90 cm long), a big weigh sling and Klinic to desinfect the hook wounds.
8. Fishing is only allowed on the booked swims.
9. Please return the fish carefully to the water
10. Marking or steeling fish will be reported immediately to the local Police (Gendarmerie).
11. Alcohol abuse and drugs are not tolerated.
12. Please respect the nature and the tranquillity of the site. Keep clean the sanitary building and the swims. Please separate waste in the designated containers.
13. Dogs are allowed. Open fire is not allowed. Gas cookers and barbecues are allowed.
14. The owner can keep the refundable payment if you don’t respect the regulations
15. Arrival after 14.00 h. Departure before 11.00 h.
16. The owner and the bailiff can check the hooklinks at any time.
17. The owner is not responsible for theft, fire, injury or what so ever.
18. Each angler should sign the regulations declaring that he/she accepts them.
PS. In case you are caught marking fish, you will have to deal with French Justice.