- The Lake Grosley
- Departement Normandy
- Open: March - November
- Distance to lake: Le Havre - Grosley: 110 km Calais - Grosley: 286 km
- Surface 12 + 4 ha
- Bottom: Hard gravel bottom
- Depth: 2 to 4 Meter
- Max. Anglers: 16
- Stocking: big and varied stock with lots of 20's, 30's and 40's
- Weed formation: None
- Access: all swims have good access by car.
- Price per Angler: 260 € per week 180 € per midweek 150 € per weekend
- Price per non-Angler: 35 € per week 20 € per midweek 15 € per weekend
- Bookings: per weekend, midweek or week
Lac de Grosley is one of our favorite Carp Fishing Lakes in France. The venue lies in the valley of the river Risle (Normandy, Northern France), at an hour’s drive from Le Havre. It consists of 2 beautiful lakes surrounded by woodlands and fields. The lakes feature overhanging trees, reeds, lily pad beds and grassy banks. In 2008 the venue was taken over by Mr. Eric Touzé who is determined to create a top destination for carp anglers. If you’re looking for an easy runs lake, Lac de Grosley would definitely be a good choice.
Like we said before, this venue consists of 2 beautiful lakes surrounded by woodlands and fields. The lakes feature overhanging trees, reeds, lily pad beds and grassy banks. The first lake has a surface of 12 hectares and in the middle there’s an island; the second lake has 4 hectares. They are both accessible from all sides over a gravel path. The venue has a secure perimeter and at night the entrance is closed.
The property counts 17 swims spread over the two lakes. Swims 2, 12, 15, 18 and 19 are single swims; all the other swims are doubles. The grassy swims are nice, spacious and several swims have a table and a wooden chalet to store your tackle or make some food (with your own equipment). Some anglers put their bed chair in the chalet. All swims have access by car and your car can be parked at the swim (except swims 12 and 13).
There's a natural stock that consists of mirrors and fully scale. Some are fat and heavy, while others are wild and strong, but they've all incredible coloring and you'll surely enjoy catching them. Although there are some small fish of less than 10 kg (normal natural stock) most carp are between 12 and 20 kg. The biggest fish was 22kg. You can expect more runs in the small lake because there’s more fish; overall they’re smaller than in the bigger lake, but almost every week carp over the 20kg are landed on the small lake. Because the venue is not well known, a lot of fish have never been caught before. That's why we wouldn't be surprised if bigger fish will be caught in the future. No poisson chat. Very view crayfish, they cause no problems to the anglers.
Lac de Grosley offers excellent service. The bar and the restaurant are open from mid January until mid December; they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The clients also have a fridge, a freezer and a microwave oven at their disposal in the sanitary building.
You can order fresh bread every day.
The venue also has a small tackle shop with all kinds of bait (particles and boilies) and small end tackle like hooks, lead, etc. Bait boats are for rent for 12 Euros per day.
If you need help, advice or if you have any doubts during your holiday, you can always ask the bailiff. He's a very kind person willing to help you at all times.
There is a sanitary building near the entrance of the venue. Supermarkets, bars, bakery etc. lie at 5 min from the venue.
- Anglers: 260 Euros/Week (Sat-Sat); 150 Euro/Weekend (Sat-Tue); 180 Euro/Midweek (Tue-Sat).
- Non-Anglers: 5 Euros/Day
Boats not allowed, Bait Boats allowed
Domestic animals: allowed
Only particles bought at Lac de Grosley are allowed - peanuts are not allowed.
3 rods per angler, barbless hooks or hook with micro-barb, big unhooking mat, large weigh sling, green tent, no braided mainline, no carp sacks, no boats, no domestic animals. Waders are not allowed.
Waders can't be used as it is to deep
“Carp Fishing at Lac De Grosley in Normandy (by Neil Denton)
Having never fished in France before both me and my son-in law (Ade) booked a week’s fishing with Fishermans Holidays which was arranged with Thomas from their main office the support and help given to go was 1st class and very informative with lots of advice.
On getting to Grosley we were greeted by Eric and his wife who made us very welcome with a complementary cup of tea.
We were then shown around our swims and give some tips on how to fish. Although we were tired from the travel from Cornwall via Dover we very quickly got set up and fishing with four rods each and I soon had a bend in my rods with a nice fish 28.5lbs.
We had set ourselves a target of one fish a day and this was blown away with some fantastic results with 67 Carp between us in total, 6x 30+ (35.10lbs) biggest by Ade. 45 x 20lbs plus and I (Neil) caught a lake record Sturgeon of 19.12lbs
A big thanks goes to the help from Howard at Nutrabaits in selecting the bait for the trip nearly all the catches came from Trigger and Salmon-Caviar and Black pepper Boilies. The time spent at the bait centre was well worth all the time prior to our trip.
Eric and his wife also provided excellent food throughout the week and the need to take your own food is not required, the site facilities are excellent.
As you can see we had a fantastic time and would recommend this experience to any one reading this we are definitely looking forward to going back again in May next year, I have some great photographs that got better the end of the week.”
Map from Grosley
Score from Grosley
Feed back: 110
- Quality lake
- Quality swims
- Fisherman Holidays
Rules - Grosley
Rules “Lac de Grosley”
1. The angler should bring a valid booking confirmation.
2. It’s allowed to fish 24 hrs per day - catch and release
3. Boats are not allowed, but it is allowed to use baitboats, you can rent them on the site for € 8 per day.
4. Swimming and wading is forbidden.
5. Allowed rigs: “carp friendly” tube rigs (safety bolt rigs), barbless hooks and hooks with micro barb (max. size 2) and nylon mainline. The hooklink may be stiff or braided, but should allways be less strong than the main line. Lead shouldn’t be heavier than 80 grams.
6. Not Allowed: carp sacs, bent hooks, braided mainline, peanuts. Only particles purchased at Lac de Grosley are allowed. Lead Core is not allowed. Rig tube is allowed.
7. 3 Rods per angler. Bivvies and tents should be brown or green.
Each angler should have a big landingnet with a min. size of 90 cm and a big unhooking mat (min. 4 cm thick, 60 cm large and 90 cm long), a big weigh sling and Klinic to desinfect the hook wounds.
8. Fishing is only allowed on the booked swims.
9. Please return the fish carefully to the water
10. Marking or steeling fish will be reported immediately to the local Police (Gendarmerie).
11. Alcohol abuse and drugs are not tolerated.
12. Please respect the nature and the tranquillity of the site. Keep clean the sanitary building and the swims. Please separate waste in the designated containers.
13. Dogs are allowed. Open fire is not allowed. Gas cookers and barbecues are allowed.
14. The owner can keep the refundable payment if you don’t respect the regulations
15. Arrival before 12.00 h. Departure before 11.00 h.
16. The owner and the bailiff can check the hooklinks at any time.
17. The owner is not responsible for theft, fire, injury or what so ever.
18. Each angler should sign the regulations declaring that he/she accepts them.
PS. In case you are caught marking fish, you will have to deal with French Justice.
Available swims - Grosley
Click on the Calendar to make Your BOOKING